Monday, April 9, 2012

Finally crossing the Ts and dotting the Is

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.  We sure enjoyed ours.  My husband and I took the kids to the beach on friday.  Then we enjoyed the weekend in the backyard.  We were blessed with beautiful weather and its always nice when my husband has the weekend off to spend time with us.  We decided this year we weren't going to go crazy on easter gifts.  The girls are still at the age where playing with paper plates, pots and pans are better than whatever you get them.  We did however finally get Makena a tv in her room.  So now she can watch a movie before she goes to bed.  I think its more for my husband so he can watch his tv shows at night instead of Makena's cartoons ;o)  

So I finally decided to talk to my doctor about receiving follow up care after my cancer treatment.  I've been cancer free for 25 years, but the last time I was checked and followed was back when I was 13.  I know I have many long term effects of the cancer treatment like heart/lung problems, kyphoscoliosis, and such.  My major concern is secondary cancers.  You have a higher risk of breast, thyroid, skin cancers to name a few.  With my mom having had breast cancer that puts me at a way higher risk so I want to make sure I am monitored for that right away. 

My experience at the doctors wasn't pleasant.  I had to have my blood drawn.  Anyone that knows me, knows what a pain this is.  They had to stick me in 3 different spots before they finally got it in the hand.  What annoys me the most is you tell the tech exactly what to do to get the best chance, you tell them they have to use the smallest needle... but do you think they listen to you..... nope.   I hate that.  It's like I know you think you know what you're doing, but I know my body and I know you are not going to get it doing what you are doing.  If she would have listened to me, I could have saved myself being poked a zillion times.  

Well I hate to cut this short but I have a 1 year old who is not happy at the moment.  I swear everytime I get on a computer she brings on the tears and screams.  

On a side note:  Why do woman get so mad at the other woman when its the husband who is a cheater?  I get that the woman is a home wrecker but I swear people get more upset over the woman then the lying cheating husband.. I just don't get it.  I told my husband he better run far far away because if I ever found out he cheated, it would not be pretty.  Forget the woman, he'd be toast ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment