Thursday, December 1, 2011

I am who I am

When you think about scoliosis all people think about is the shape, the curve, the appearance.  So much more goes with scoliosis.  The pain is what gets me.  I could care less about the appearance.  So my back curves, sticks out, who cares.  I'm still beautiful, lol, conceited I know.



A doctor had told me once that my scars on my back were hideous, lol, yea he was a real charming man, made me feel all warm and fuzzy.  Anyways, he told me I could have plastic surgery to fix them.  I told him I am not ashamed of my scars they are a part of who I am.

I am who I am... if you don't like it, that's your loss, if someone is going to be that judgmental about my appearance then they don't need to be in my life, it's as simple as that.  The most important thing I've learned is just to enjoy life.

I'll take my life as a diamond in the rough.  My imperfections as well as all my bright, strong shiny qualities seem to (happily) make me, me. I am confident.  There is no use whining and complaining about how I got shafted.  My back is all jacked up, I have scars, I can't change that.  No point hiding it and being ashamed.  It's a waste of time.

So no the shape of scoliosis, or the hunchback appearance I could care less.  It's the pain.  I've endured surgeries in hopes to ease the pain.  I've done shots in the back, physical therapy, and more physical therapy.  We've done braces, we've done medicine.  I can honestly say everything that has been done, probably has been done.  So the only thing that seems to be left is to grin and bear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment