Thursday, December 1, 2011

Listen up boys and girls: the story continues

11 back surgeries is a lot.  Most of them I can't even remember.  I just know they failed.  One though stands out most of all.  I had a procedure called "halo traction" when I was 21 years old.  It was not fun at all.  Halo traction is basically where they hook up weights to you and stretch you slowly.



The doctors stuck me in a children's hospital, Shriners Hospital actually, god I hate clowns, lol, anyways, I was in there for almost 2 months.  I ended up having a spinal fusion, they put in 2 rods and 16 screws.
Most people don't know this, but I came very close to dying from that surgery.  I tell you, it makes you appreciate life more.  I ended up losing a lot of blood.  Then I got a blood infection, went into s hock.  It was so bad and scary, my heart was racing, I couldn't catch my breathe, then I couldn't get warm.  I was shaking so bad, they couldn't get a pulse read on me.  It was bad.  I had to stay another 2 weeks in the hospital taking some strong antibiotics and junk..  When I finally got to go home, I had to wear this hideous brace.
So yeah, I've been through a lot, and no I don't want your pity, or u feeling sorry for me, cause that's just a waste.  I like my life...and I wouldn't be the person I am today without going through all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment